About Barbara J. Greene, AOMT-C
Therapist, teacher, speaker and author Barbara J. Greene, was first trained in oral-facial myology by the visionary teachers Daniel Garliner, MA, and Roy Langer, PhD, at their Institute of Myofunctional Therapy in Coral Gables, Florida. She began her practice in 1971 while pursuing further study with other notable therapists, including Richard Barrett, MA, in Tucson, Arizona, and William Zickefoose, BA, COM, in Sacramento, California. Since then, Barbara has helped hundreds of children and adults correct their myofunctional disorders by guiding them through a simple, year-long therapeutic program to establish and maintain proper oral-facial function.
Barbara is certified by the Academy of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (AOMT).
Read Barbara’s story about how she became a myofunctional therapist and how her own experiences with TMD and related pain have informed and enriched her practice.
- Expanding our awareness of the temporomandibular joint patient. California Dental Hygienists’ Association Journal, April 1997.
- Oral myology and the dental hygienist – Expanding horizons. California Dental Hygienists’ Association Journal, August 1996.
- Diseases of the Temporomandibular Joint Apparatus, Author of a chapter in the First Edition, co-author of a chapter in the Second Edition.
- Monthly Orofacial Myofunctional 4-day Courses in the US and Canada
- TMD Symposium, Vancouver, BC, Edmund Liem, DDS
- William Hang, DDS, MSD’s Mini Residency Program, Westlake Village, CA
- IACA Annual Convention 2010, Boston, MA
- Townie Dental Meeting 2010, Las Vegas, NV
- SOTO Annual Convention 2009, Dallas, TX
- IAOM Annual Convention 2009, San Diego, CA
- Three day symposium including lecture and workshop, Johannes Gutenberg University Orthodontic Department, Mainz, Germany, at the invitation of Prof. Dr. Hans G. Sergl, every two years from 1988 to 1998
- Three day symposium including lecture and workshop, Albert Ludwig University Orthodontic Department, Freiburg, Germany, at the invitation of Prof. Dr. T. Rakosi
- Oral myology presentation, Symposium of Feeding and Dental Facial Development, Bergamo, Italy, 1992
- Sullivan Dental Clinic, Frank & Candice Sullivan, DDS, St. Francisville, LA
- Lake District Family Practice, Courtney & Trey Richter, DDS, Alexandria, LA
- Dental Studio, Robert Limosnero, DDS & Sandhya Krishan, DDS, Carrollton, TX
- Whole Health Dental Center, Felix Liao, DDS, Falls Church, VA
- Aliso Shore Dentistry, Nick Neuyen, DDS & Calvin Yang, DDS, Aliso Viejo, CA
- Dan Kinkaela, DDS, Smithers, BC
- Meyer/Dana Orthodontics, Rapid City, SD
- Orthopros, Drs. Grob, Donovan & Kacer, Tucson, AZ
An Open Airway Helps a Child Thrive
An incredibly moving tale of how a pinched airway can affect a child’s health and well-being – and how correcting the issue can help a child thrive…
Is Myo for Me?
Do your face, mouth and mannerisms signal a tongue thrust problem? Find out!